Carrier-grade, full integration with GSM and CDMA mobile networks is essential for successful Wi-Fi Offload, not just for authentication and data but for all the service the users currently receive on cellular such as charging, policy, voice, messaging, roaming.
The key features of the solution include:
- SIM based authentication – for Wi-Fi networks with WISPr, EAP, NGH and Hotspot 2.0
- VPN management – Standard and non standard approaches to tunnel back to core network
- Billing and settlement functions – including CDR conversion (RADIUS to TAP/CIBER) ; real-time pre-paid support
- Tight Mobile Network Integration – including extension of voice, messaging on to Wi-Fi; cell location aware Wi-Fi Offload
- Network Access Controller - web sign-on captive portal, monitoring and Wi-Fi policy management
- Hotspot white-list management – ensuring all devices are populated with the Mobile Operator's preferred Wi-Fi networks
- Personal hotspot and Key management – solution to integrate home and office Wi-Fi equipment
- Pre-integrated WISP/Aggregator partnerships to deliver immediate Wi-Fi footprint
- Proven Carrier Grade Performance – references that will say ‘it works well’; experienced team in delivering mission-critical telecoms solutions
To make it easier for a mobile operator to put in place offload, we offer four evolving levels of convergence with any IP based networks including Wi-Fi, WiMax and LTE.
This is the simplest level of convergence between mobile and IP that allows a mobile operator to offload a subscriber onto a Wi-Fi hot-spot and be seamlessly authenticated to use it for internet/data services. Full mobile integration with policy management, charging and packet data infrastructure.
This level adds support for voice (including call continuity) and messaging for a mobile subscriber authenticated on any IP network. In effect, it extends the mobile operator’s network onto the chosen partner’s IP network including Wi-Fi & LTE networks, thus keeping the same number for sending and receiving voice calls & texts.
The next level adds the features expected by an enterprise for a convergence solution, including support for PBX features. The mobile operator can now offer a complete communications package to a corporate that substitutes their fixed services. As well as reduced costs, the enterprise benefits through increased productivity by employee use of a single device and address book wherever they are.
As the system was implemented with IMS and Evolved Packet Core (EPC) in mind, the solution can evolve with operator’s network to become IMS Applications Servers including Dual-Radio Voice-Call Continuity (DR-VCC), Circuit Switch Fallback (CSFB), Single-radio VCC (SR-VCC), IP Short messaging Gateway (IP-SM-GW), Mobility Management Application-Server (MM-AS), Interworking Wireless LAN Application Server (I-WLAN-AS) and (IM-SSF)
A key benefit of this is the ability to implement Voice and Messaging over 4G.
Robust, reliable inter-working between Mobile and IP based networks.
Increase roaming revenues, margins and footprint with Mobile, Wi-Fi and WiMAX roaming.
Our device detection solutions can detect provision and configure subscribers' devices