Progress isn't like life -- it doesn't march forward in even increments but depends on random leaps from innovators to improve the technologies we all increasingly depend on. At Accuris Networks, we are fortunate to participate in an industry -- wireless communications -- where rapid change and leapfrogging forward are at the backbone of what we do.
In our market of connecting networks, our longtime goal has been to innovate wherever possible so that our service-provider customers can continually deliver better services more securely at lower cost while ensuring happy subscribers. We push the envelope while our customers like AT&T, Bell Mobility,China Mobile, Telefonica, GoGo, Etisalat,Telekom Malaysia, Spark and others take our technologies out into the overall market and team with us on important initiatives. We constantly keep our eye on what our operator customers need most: Multi-network strategies that transparently and intelligently deliver carrier-grade IP services to a new generation of connected devices and subscribers.
Watch the video attached to see what we say about technical progress but here are some of our more recent innovation milestones:
- AccuROAM: At the heart of our cutting-edge efforts is our AccuROAM™ platform for secure, seamless Wi-Fi offload and roaming, which has received hard-to-get recent awards like "best mobile technology breakthrough" at Mobile World Congress. In a wireless space that can be a bit scattered, AccuROAM helps mobile operators make things work better. With so many "new generations" continually being rolled out -- like unlicensed LTE or low-frequency radio -- our goal is for complicated tasks for users to become easy or automatic.
- AT&T Wi-Fi Hub: When it comes to Wi-Fi roaming, our breakthroughs are having a practical impact for our customers. Consider the worldwide AT&T Wi-Fi Hub, which uses our AccuROAM platform so that carriers can deliver turnkey roaming services at hotspots for a low cost without the difficult, time-intensive process and expensive investments required to offer this service themselves. But we also help carriers that want to quickly launch their own Wi-Fi networks, as you'll see with Mobily.
- Wi-Fi network for Mobily: This operator -- a leader in Saudi Arabia --is among many that have been building out LTE for their core network but found it was not enough to meet subscriber data demand, so they needed to build out Wi-Fi, too. We helped them make sure their Wi-Fi networks were true extensions of their mobile network, whether for voice, data or other services. We also help customers like Mobily keep up with new standards, which seem to appear fast and furiously in our industry. An example is wireless roaming interworking exchange, which requires that Wi-Fi networks must behave like GSM networks during roaming and for charging and data usage information.
- WBA and the Wi-Fi Alliance: While we support our customers in dealing with change, an important element in our ongoing innovation efforts is critical new initiatives. We're an active, key participant in worthy efforts like the WBA's Next-Generation Hotspot (NGH) program to deliver a user Wi-Fi experience that's as easy and secure as that on cellular networks, as well as the Wi-Fi Alliance’s Wi-Fi Certified PasspointTM program based on Hot Spot 2.0 technology, which is creating secure authentication for hotspots.
- Wi-Fi offload and roaming: As an innovator and leader in Wi-Fi offload and roaming, we've been at the center of these initiatives, providing the critical technology to enable seamless authentication and authorization at public Wi-Fi hotspots. These efforts will have a far-reaching impact, particularly in under-developed parts of the world where modern technology has less penetration.
- Bringing Wi-Fi everywhere: AccuROAM was the enabler of GoGo Text & Talk, the first service that lets air travellers perform end-to-end calling and texting on their smartphones using Wi-Fi as if they were on the ground. In fact, our technology is ideal for enabling cellular service in extreme locations such as shipping fleets, oilrigs, remote military installations or almost anywhere people want such service. This just reinforces how subscribers are demanding fast, seamless and secure mobile connectivity regardless of device or location. By including Wi-Fi as a core part of the offer, we help operators to stay in control of a quality experience for subscribers throughout their daily journeys.
- LTE: New standards aren't limited to just the Wi-Fi space. LTE is going to be impacted by the 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP), which unites seven telecommunications standards development organizations so we help our customers ensure that the next generation of Wi-Fi hotspots will have the proper security, tunneling and service in connecting to core networks.
- IoT: Since connecting networks is at the heart of our innovations, we stay on top of other potentially disrupting developments. Big data, particularly the Internet of Things (IoT), is barreling toward us and we will fully support our customers in that explosive arena. A brave new world of connectivity is coming in which billions of new devices, everything from health care devices and smoke alarms to vending machines and dog collars will be sending and receiving data wirelessly and our technology will ensure that the information is securely transferred to the service providers.
Whether it's the cloud-based networks of the future or the time -- already beginning -- when secure, seamless network connectivity can be made in the air and on the sea as well as in the most remote locations, our innovation efforts will continue. Watch this space!