Internet Solutions S.A. is one of the largest broadband providers in Africa. Doing business in fourteen countries, IS provides enterprise, consumer, municipal and venue specific Wi-Fi services to millions of locations and customers today.
As IS has grown, it has acquired and built out Wi-Fi for a variety of customers, with a range of use cases, for a large and diverse subscriber base. As a result, many systems were virtual islands, operating independently, with no opportunity to correlate subscriber access or usage data.
IS needed to:
- Develop a single, common network-wide subscriber identification and access platform;
- Expand the Captive Portal platform to be adaptable to a variety of customer types and customisable by venue;
- Establish GSMWi-Fi interfaces to enable mobile operator customers to roam onto Wi-Fi domestically for offload or internationally for roaming.
IS selected Accuris Networks because of it's breadth and depth of carrier Wi-Fi systems and experience.
- Accuris Wi-Fi Server which provides IS with consistent authentication, security and identity management cross multiple Wi-Fi access networks in different countries;
- Accuris eNAC, the industry's leading carrier-grade captive portal system designed specifically to meet the requirements of service providers managing multiple access networks and venues from a single, cloud-based platform;
- Accuris new eAnalytics engine, a Hadoop-based big-data collection, analysis and presentation module designed to augment each of the Accuris Networks server products;
- Accuris CONNECT which facilitates inter-network connectivity between disparate Wi-Fi, fixed and mobile access networks as well as other Wi-Fi hubs.
Internet Solutions is just starting to benefit from the Accuris solution, but some initial highlights include:
- Interworked Wi-Fi in 14 separate countries across Africa;
- Expanded Captive Portal service offering to include fully customisable landing pages and unique service offers/plans
- Recently signed a country-wide Wi-Fi offload service agreement with a local mobile operator;
- Inter-worked the IS Wi-Fi network into a global Wi-Fi roaming hub to monetize inbound roaming traffic.
So far, IS is quite pleased with the Accuris solution:
“The decision to partner with Accuris Networks for this project was an easy one, given the company’s history and expertise as a trusted provider of cloud-based security, identity, and access management for carrier Wi-Fi networks.”
Kervin Pillay, Chief Technology Officer for Internet Solutions.